We did it!!
We are hugely delighted to announce that the amount raised from Requiem to Cancer 2022 for Cancer Research UK was a shade over £34,000 with the added bonus of another £4,500 on top of that from Gift Aid. It means that we have also fulfilled the ambition of raising £100,000 (before Gift Aid) over the three events.
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in and contributed to the third 24-hour event.
* To Music Directors Jeremy Jackman, Mark Jordan and Neil Ferris who guided us through the music with wonderful good humour to keep us going, and extracted outstanding performances.
* To Janet Wheeler who not only composed the beautiful life-affirming anthem for us but directed every performance of it throughout the event.
* To our superb accompanists and players - pianists Michael Higgins, Simon Gregory, Nicki Rose, Dave Doidge and saxophonists Alastair Penman and Charlie Curtin. Fantastic support and so beautifully played.
* To our soloists Kate Thomson, Katey Rylands, Chris Why, Frazer Scott, Clare Robertson-Hughes and Laurence Williams. You guys were amazing.
* To our fantastic team of helpers who manned the bar and front door, shook buckets and all else in the background whilst the singing was going on - hugely appreciated.
* And to you fabulous singers coming from all corners of the country and beyond for supporting the event and making it actually happen, whether you lasted the entire duration or dipped in and out. This just would not have happened without you. Your enthusiasm for choral music is what made all this possible.
Thank you all so much. Simon would have been grinning from ear to ear.
Ruth, Michael & Neil